We all know that there’s no shortage of places to host a birthday party and that nearly every option involves putting a lot of effort. But there’s one option that takes away most of the fuss. Whether you’re 6 or 86 years old, the space and party packages available at your roller skating center make having a roller skating party the perfect no muss, no fuss option for any family.
- It’s for All Ages – Roller skating is one of the few activities that any age can participate in. The number of adult roller skaters is at an all-time high, making it just as fun for parents as for the kids.
- It’s Affordable – Roller skating centers specialize in hosting parties and can accommodate nearly any party size. Most skating have various party packages that will fit your budget. Whether you’re looking for something simple or over-the-top, we assure you that you’ll be able to work with your local center to meet your party planning needs. It’s easier for skating centers to add more guests to your party due to the facility’s accommodating size, many of which have designated party areas.
- It’s Easy – No matter how many people you have in your party, you don’t need to worry about whether or not you need to add more attendees. The skating centers normally have team members whose sole responsibility is to take care of all the planning, serving food and drinks, and cleaning up the mess. One complaint that most parents have about hosting parties is that they put so much effort and money in their child’s birthday party that they never get the full experience because they’re too busy trying to make sure everyone else is being accommodated. As a parent, a roller skating party is an incredible time-saver and worth every penny. No need to worry about when the food will be ready, cleaning up the mess, fussing with the cake, or making sure all of the guests are entertained – the roller skating center handles it all!
- It’s Fun – Let’s face it, when you mention roller skating to most adults, their eyes light up and they say, “I remember roller skating when I was a kid!” Offering this same experience to your child and being able to re-live their youth makes having a roller skating party a fun experience for everyone. Roller skating is fun you can feel: it combines exercise, a place to gather with family and friends, and offers a safe environment to enjoy a sport in an adult-supervised facility.
- It’s Healthy – Just one hour of vigorous roller skating burns approximately 600 calories. According to Dr. Foster at the University of Wisconsin Medical School, skating was found to be more beneficial than both running and cycling because it is intrinsically easier and more natural for building hip and thigh muscles. Unlike cycling, skating develops hamstring muscles. And unlike running, skating is a low-impact activity. Roller skating works most muscle groups including glutes, quads, abs, calves and arms. Plus, a study by the University of Massachusetts found that roller skating causes 50% less impact to joints than running.
- No Need to Cook – One of the biggest expenses and time vacuums of hosting a birthday party is having to worry about all of the food and drinks. Making sure that everyone stays satiated for the party is a lot of work, but roller skating centers take all of the hassle away for you. Many skating centers have food packages and can even work with you on what you want to offer your guests. Don’t be afraid to ask if there are certain dietary restrictions that you need to meet – most will work with you.
- Music Has Positive Effects on Health – We know, you’re there for the roller skating, but did you know that the music also has positive effects on your health, too? Studies have shown that it improves mood, reduces stress, lessens anxiety, improves the effort you put into your exercise, improves memory, eases pain, provides comfort, improves cognition, and it even helps improve social responses, attention and communication skills in children and adults with autism.
- Less Tech Time – Even as parents, we’re sometimes guilty of spending too much time on our mobile devices. Roller skating parties encourage both you and your children to put down the technology and enjoy your time together.
- Meet New People – When you and your children are in an environment where a physical activity is done with others, it’s easy for you and your children to make new friends. The old adage that the roller skating rink was the first form of “social media” still holds true today.
- No Need for a Rain Check – When you’re hosting a roller skating party, there’s no need to worry about whether or not you’ll get rained out! Hosting outdoor parties leaves you open to the elements – an enclosed facility like a roller skating center removes that worry.
As a parent, you have plenty of options for your party planning needs. Why not take a moment to contact your local roller skating center to find out what kind of options they have available for you and your family?
Remember that party slots fill up quickly, so book today!